Hounds of Maine

238 reg users!

HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3080
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

238 reg users!

Post  HOLLABACK on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:27 am

There shows to be 238 registered users on this site,and got me thinking theres only 60-70 members In the MSDA. I would think that alot of these folks would back the club and become a member!Dont just sit around and exspect others to do everything! If your not a member be ashamed! This club is fighting to get members and fights for all that we read about! Even if ya dont want to help at least show some support! We all need to step up and pull our own weight! Your membership matters! I'm sure if your sport was taken away tommorow you would be upset! Dont wait till theres a issue that is threatening your favorite sport! The MSDA is there to support all dog related issues.....Dues are cheap enough for all to join,and we could surely use the support....Without funding and folks, this sport is in trouble!Dont just think that the issues of the past are over! Because they're not! The issues of bears and coyotes were the first of many yet to come.and if ya think, thats all them folks are after, your sadly mistaken...They're not done,and Your hobbies are next!....Now is the time to get this club stronger,so when issues come around we can say were hundreds strong!!!!! There's always power in numbers,everyone knows that........Please stop by the booth in Augusta and join....Thanks!!!!!

Re: 238 reg users!

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:10 pm

I agree 100% with you Bill, we need numbers and without that we're in trouble.. so please join the MSDA today.I was looking on line and I think theres either 11 or 13 State out of 50 that still allow bear hunting with hounds So if you don't think it will ever be taken away in Maine your sadly mistaken ...I've heard alot of guys say it wont happen in my life time so i don't have to worry about it ha ha ... and thats what drives me crazy, what about your children and grandkids love for the sport ....EVERYBODY LIVES FOR TODAY, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FUTURE OF HOUND HUNTING IN MAINE I'll do my part and talk to the rod and gun clubs in my area and the beagle clubs, but everybody needs to pull together..Before I go to the Rod and gun clubs and Beagle clubs... I will need to now what the membership fee for the whole club will be!!! Maybe someone could make a facebook for the MSDA or put a link on UKC or Better Beagler I don't know just some thoughts..That might help get member also..PLEASE IF YOU HAVEN'T JOINED MSDA WE ALL NEED YOUR SUPPORT thanks for reading my post Tim

blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:44 pm

ill do what i can to help fellas. i just dont feel im the one to represent our club with the stuff ive had going on this past year. i can and will make a facebook page sometime this week if that would help. when are the membership fees due by? it was this time last year that i paid my membership so it must be due sometime soon. if everyone on here has a facebook page and could PM me your full name for facebook ill send the page to everyone i can. thanks and hope this will help

corey robinson

sprucemountain

Post  sprucemountain on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:30 am

Well said guy's. I know that we all have busy lives and if all you can do is pay the due's and don't realy have the time to do any more than that it would be a huge help. The more people that we can show that we have on our side the stronger this club will be.

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:00 am

corey could u forward the msda on face book?

blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:54 am

i dont think there is a facebook page yet for the msda. i would make one but i dont think its came up yet. i think you can share the website on facebook though.

DogChaser

Male Posts : 177
    Job/hobbies : Plumbing+Heating/HUNTING

Post  DogChaser on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:09 am

The last thing that was said about the MSDA having a facebook page was to not to. We pay for our website and we need to use it. It would be great if some of you would link it on your personal pages. That would get some more word out there for us!

I'm on the Board of Directors for the MSDA and you can personally e-mail at Stratton05@hotmail.com

Thanks, Lauren Stratton

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:02 am

i will get on that. i got bunch of friends thru out the midcoast that i have taken out coonin with me. they love hounds and what they do for us hunters. im still gettin into the big picture. just a lil guy with now one 6yr old blue whose hot nosed and lays at the foot of my bed. its a workin progress but i'll get there. thatnks for the info corey and lauren!!

countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

Post  countrygirl11 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks for the post Bill...everyone get the word out there we will be at Both the Presque Isle Sportsman Show and The Augusta Sportsman Show..you can join the club at that time!! We will further discuss this facebook page with the board and see if there are any different ideas since the last time..it is free but we also want to make sure that people are using the website as well..(which they are not)..Anyway, come see us at the show, and really think about supporting this club!! Marie

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:45 pm

a few of my friends that own their own business have a page for the company and they get a lot of calls for jobs just from being on facebook. that and putting a link to the website on there will get more eyes and ears out there. u never kno it could be more then what people expect. just thinkin out loud here. when is the show in augusta??

-wayne

DogChaser

Post  DogChaser on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:10 pm

The Maine Sportsman show in Augusta starts Friday March 29th through Sunday March 31st. They will post specific times closer to the event.

~Lauren

cnile14

Male Posts : 407
    Job/hobbies : Hunting and cattle

Post  cnile14 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Im sure the facebook thing can b a touchy subject that's an easy way for pics and posts to get into the wrong hands unless its a private page.… will the club b looking for donations for raffles or giveaways or did I hear mention of just a gun raffle for the shows??

DogChaser

Post  DogChaser on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm

I know that last year at the Augusta show the MSDA raffled off a gun but we the club bought it. I think we are always looking for donations of any kind for the club. Just having things on hand that can be raffled off or could be put into a basket is nice Smile You can always e-mail me at stratton05@hotmail.com or Marie with any sort of thing like that!

Thanks a bunch! ~Lauren

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:30 am

Current date/time is Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:30 am