Hounds of Maine

U.S. Department of agriculture (Their proposal)

HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3080
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

U.S. Department of agriculture (Their proposal)

Post  HOLLABACK on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:02 am

USDA has come up with a proposal that has some extremely strick guidelines on breeding that if passed will affect all of us!There has been quite a stir about this and time is running out with what to do.....If passed these rules and regulations will hinder alot of us folks that want to breed our own stock instead of buying from someone else and going thru the motions of what they want is absolutely crazy! Here's a link to see some of thier proposals are; http://www.akc.org/petition/
    Any suggestions on what we can do to be heard,feel free to post!Any and all suggestions would be great! This would affect everyone regardless of how they are registered or not! Remember your vet releases a copy of every rabies certificate to the state you live in's department of agriculture.So they have a copy of every female you have.Putting a number on how many females you can have would hurt us all......UKC,AKC,PKC,NKC,ACHA,NOT REGISTERED,ect......Nobody would be safe..... Just another way the anti's are trying to cap us on hunting.....

cnile14

Male Posts : 410
    Job/hobbies : Hunting and cattle

Re: U.S. Department of agriculture (Their proposal)

Post  cnile14 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:30 pm

I agree bill the anti's can't protect the animals we hunt so now they r going after the tools we use to hunt them!

crossroadbeagles

Male Posts : 1023
    Job/hobbies : Auto tech

Post  crossroadbeagles on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:49 pm

AKC has created a petition as step one, do we know what else they are working with? Has anyone tried to contact them to see if there is anything we or MSDA can do to help other than sign the petition? What about all the other registration companies like UKC, NKC, etc that you listed? If this passes it will effect all those company’s drastically so I would imagine they are hiring lawyers and such.

HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:31 pm

My thought on approaching this is to see if it even makes it past the board! If it does,I'm sure all the breed organizations will have the oppurtunity to appeal the desicion. I think that's when you'll see the big guns come out! Not really up on how alot of this works,but figure there's alot of bogus proposal that never make it,that we dont even hear about! I suppose anything can be proposed,dont mean it will pass! This seems highly unlikely it would pass,let alone be inforced....I have'nt heard anything in UKC at all about it? Has anyone else? Or any other org?

USDA

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks for posting that. I signed the petition and sent it along to others.

HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:29 am

I believe today was the deadline for this bill and was wondering if anyone has any info on the outcome?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:29 am