Hounds of Maine

Doing things that speak volume........

HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Doing things that speak volume........

Post  HOLLABACK on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:37 am

Since we're in the mode of doing some fund raisers and looking to exspand our membership,I've kinda thought of something that would "Speak Volume" to lots of non-members......
    With some of our biggest problems being land owner relationship issues,and non-informed men/women issues,I thought what would get their attention the most! "Get them with Kindness".....Give them something that ties all houndsmen and women with things that speak volume.....
    We all know of that person that needs a little help doing some things that generally wont get done,because they dont have the resourses to do them,but have been letting us hunt their land for years.....Or that person that just dont have the resourses and owns that block that is posted and maybe we can change their minds.......
    I guess what I'm trying to say is if we get our name out there in a positive way of helping folks that will change the perseption of "us".....Plus get attention to "we're not all bad folks".....
    The simple things of helping them fix the fence or help them with fire wood,will get the ball roll'n and get the word out "that them hound folks helped me!!!!".....
    Dont forget,that our issues are'nt over,and soon we'll have to face it at the poles again in the future......These folks will remember our names and faces at the ballot box!
    Maybe a work day here and there,would be enough to get this rolling.Everyone knows someone that might need a hand....To me this would be a great way to get a good positive feedback.....With all our members we should have about every job skill and labor covered for whatever they might need.....
    I also understand that not everyone would be able to travel around when duty is called but,most of us travel all day long looking for a bird to shoot or a coon to tree or rabbit to run......
    I know everyone is busy doing our own things,but it's cheap and wont cost us anything out of pocket! Maybe even pick up a few extra members along the way.....Plus the feedback is what we're really after!!!!!

lucky11

Job/hobbies : ups driver/hunt,trap

Re: Doing things that speak volume........

Post  lucky11 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:06 am

Hey bill how do i join the msda would like to become a member?
    walkerpower23

Male Posts : 403
    Job/hobbies : Sales/ Running hounds

Post  walkerpower23 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:11 am

Great idea bill! Gaining respect and landowner permission is the best thing to do being a hound hunter. Every year I shoot a deer I go around and give some nice steaks to a few of the landowners that let me run game with hounds on their land. When I first showed up to their door with a grocery bag full of venison they were pretty thankful and really thought that was nice so I continue to do that each year. Little things like that change a lot of peoples minds about people that run hounds.
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 am

Lucky11,
    Be great to have ya on board with us! Marie Laney (Countrygirl11) on this site is the secretary and can get ya a membership! Thanks for wanting to join and support the club!

Matt,
    Thats great of you to do! I know sometimes it's the little things that make all the differance.....
    countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

Post  countrygirl11 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Great Idea Bill...Lucky11, if you pm me your email address, I can email you a membership application and then you can fill it out and mail it back to me!~ That is probably the easiest way to join!! Thank you for your support!~Marie

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:02 am