Hounds of Maine

Visit with Sam......

HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Visit with Sam......

Post  HOLLABACK on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:36 am

Made the trip down to Searsport today to visit with Sam and he's doing great! Greeted me at the door and wanted to show me the hounds.....Great to see him up and around doing great! A huge thank-you for all the thoughts and prayers... A long road still, but well on the way.....Great to see him doing so well......Still smoke'n and curse'n like always....lol.....
    countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

Re: Visit with Sam......

Post  countrygirl11 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:10 pm

That is great news!! Glad to hear it! Did you give him some tips about quitting smokin!? Smile
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Marie,
    Might of mentioned it once or twice.....lol...No response out of him except "HUH,THAT A BOY!"....LOL....." THEM GOD DAMN THINGS WILL KILL YA"......as he placed the ash tray on the center of the table and blew smoke my way......lol..... Smile

bunnyhuntah

Male Posts : 121

Post  bunnyhuntah on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:07 am

LOL sounds about rite... ill tell ya ive spent days over there just listening to some of the stories he has and rarely do you ever hear the same one twice... that sure is a man who has seen and been through alot.
    countrygirl11

Female Posts : 136
    Job/hobbies : Registered Maine Guide

Post  countrygirl11 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 pm

LOL Bill...Thats funny!! You gotta have the determination to quit thats for sure! Sounds like you have a good visit!! Keep us updated!! Any word on Albion?
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:56 pm

Marie,
    They're have'n a meeting this Sunday.Was going to talk with them about a few things include'n hosting some bear trials as well as use of the club house for meetings and suppers???? Plus maybe pick up a few members for each club that has'nt membered up yet....
    Our last bear trial had quite a few entries and went rather well...Raise'n a pretty good portion of money for the club @ $5.00 per dog entered....Although they are a ton of work as you know.....So far you and a couple others are the only ones wanting to participate in helping.....As you know that only goes so far....Not sure why?
    These events take a bit of planning and alot of work that goes thankless.....Like line judges down in the woods in the field trials all day without seeing anybody or being able to socialize....Or the poor person running the drag, time after time.....or the person take'n entries and only being able to stay in one spot all day.....Thems the jobs nobody wants to do.....And without them,,,,,NO EVENT....... We can only do so much and then it's someone elses turn to step up and try a few things or just stay idol.....I guess just see how much interest there is and plan from that....
    These trials are open to whoever wants to participate.....If the coyote hunters want to hold a coyote event all we need is folks to step up and say,and help out...Same goes to any other game event.....Sounds like we need a beagle person to step up and take the reins on a event or two for that as well.....
    Maybe folks are happy with just say'n were a club.....Like I said not sure what everyone wants to do,I guess we'll see....
    Thanks for all you do Marie, Seems like your always willing to help and always willing to find out more for what needs to be done to keep the ball roll'n....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:15 pm