Hounds of Maine

Fundraising Ideas.......

HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3080
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Fundraising Ideas.......

Post  HOLLABACK on Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:48 am

Looking for fundraising Ideas to support the bear ref. & Msda war chest.....Now that bear season in starting to wind down, maybe we all can bang heads with some great Ideas.....
    As we all know the battle has started with the Anti's and I'm sure they'll be relentless at it....We need the same attitude!....A whole lot of a little still adds up to a whole lot.....Every bit helps.....
    Dues are a great place to start! This money covers all the behind the scenes tool bag! Plus makes it possible for another great donation to the referendum.....Lauren, also has Hats, shirts, sweatshirts, & wristbands that all count in the fight!
    If you run hounds, bait hunt, or trap, your probably well aware of what's happening! And if you don't, I'm sure your sport will get plenty of attention from them next.....DONT THINK THIS IS JUST A BEAR ISSUE......
    As folks that love what we do, we need to really take a stand so we can build momentum and finally let them know Maine is not a place for them or their kind!
    Fundraising can come from many different ways, so looking forward to what everyone has for Ideas.....If your not one for posting, feel free to call with any and all Ideas......Bill @ 1-207-271-0610 Thanks!

getnlucky

Male Posts : 214
    Job/hobbies : Dad, stone mason

Re: Fundraising Ideas.......

Post  getnlucky on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:17 pm

How about a gun raffle, silent auction, bottle drive, friendly fun competition

HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:45 pm

All great Ideas! Idea keep em' coming!

getnlucky

Post  getnlucky on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Benefit/informational dinner.

HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:04 pm

Maybe potluck? so much per plate? That sounds great!

getnlucky

Post  getnlucky on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Could make a website to fight against them with factual quoted information on it. You can make websites for free nowadays. This fight with them is gonna be a nasty one. We need as much help as possible.

ROADKILL

Male Posts : 264
    Job/hobbies : MaineDOT/ trapping,Houndsman,MSDA MEMBER!

Post  ROADKILL on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:52 am

The gun raffle(shotgun,Hunting Rifle), Silent auction are great Ideas.Maybe get the Sled dog folks included with a dogsled ride type thing?

getnlucky

Post  getnlucky on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:55 am

Ice Fishing derby. Snowmobile races

HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:09 am

Awesome Ideas!

getnlucky

Post  getnlucky on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:02 am

How about some youth only hunt that also show the traditi.ons being passed on

HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:11 am

Yea ! we can.....It would be non-sanctioned tho because clubs have used up the limit of how many hunt are available .....

CoonHunter

Male Posts : 51
    Job/hobbies : CoonHunting

YOUTH HUNT

Post  CoonHunter on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:22 pm

IT COULD BE A HTX HUNT TEST HUNT THERE IS NO LIMITS ON THEM PER CLUB PER YEAR I THINK I COULD BE WRONG JUST MY TWO PENNYS

blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge on Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:44 am

just curious if there is anything in the works for any kind of fundraiser for this referendum or not.

HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:40 am

6 Bear trials lined up soon as weather breaks.....Brandon Bishop has a pig roast in the works...... Proceeds from our clubs coon events ......Coyote contest.........so far.......

ROADKILL

Male Posts : 264
    Job/hobbies : MaineDOT/ trapping,Houndsman,MSDA MEMBER!

Post  ROADKILL on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:47 pm

We are having our annual club meeting this coming Thursday. we will have 2 MSDA bear trials there this year. We will be finalizing the dates hopefully. May have to run Polar bears though hahaha if this snow doesn't leave!

blue_ridge
    Admin

Post  blue_ridge on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:08 am

Bear trials sounds good to raise money. Here's a thought I had and hoping for some input from the board members of the msda. What about putting something out there to all hunting guides in Maine that have businesses and that run a bear operation to donate there tips from this years hunts to the msda and in turn the msda donates all that money to the referendum? I understand that's folks income but if we don't do something big that income will not be there at all. I think the msda should be the ones to donate this lump sum of money to the referendum. We don't look very good when other states hound associations are donating far more than the state of Maines hound association can.

HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:51 am

Corey,
    Please let me vent:
    If your a guide in the state of Maine you shouldn't have to be told to donate! We cant hold everyones hand at all times.....People have to step up on their own and show it's important to them.....We cant make people pay a simple $20.dollars for dues, how do you suppose we get them to donate tip money? Not trying to be a ass here but it's so frustrating to have ideas with no more then just that......If everyone on this board that enjoys talking hounds donated $5.00 we make a donation bigger then we ever had.......That's sad! Don't mean to go off but everyone needs to understand someone else isn't going to do something for us.....Theirs lots of great ideas but everyone exspect someone else to take the lead on it and make it a success.....We have handy to 50 paid members....That's sad! here it is almost April with the biggest battle hound folks have to face....The dues should be rolling in with support....Not have'n to ask for them.....Raffle tickets should be brought, folks asking can I sell some too? What can I do to help? Again not trying to be a ass but sometimes people need shake'n....
    We as a club have tried to involve every hound indicated in our circle,from bear trials to coyote contests to supporting rabbit derbys and donating to the referendum to being in Augusta at the workshops meetings with the coalition to printing off flyers to booths at sportsmen shows to hunter safety programs to donating to food pantries..ect,ect,ect....I've seen 5-6 people at all these places.....and they know who they are....If we are cast as the weak link in this referendum we all know our battles will just begin soon as they can regroup if we win in November.....I'm doing all I can in every avenue here from daylight till dark meeting with store owners to butchers in evening and morning before work......If someone was to ask me to donate my tips I'd say I've done that long time ago! Matter of fact I've done it a few times and will continue till November.....Nobody has to ask me....Thought I'd feel better after the rant but don't......just frustrated more........

getnlucky

Post  getnlucky on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Cheap effective way to help campaign. Go thru your phone book calls every one pass on some of the knowledge text your friends daily information on the bear campaign. Battles are won at war. I will be at coon club meeting tonight giving out ideas. You can take take em as you want.

blue_ridge
    Admin

Post  blue_ridge on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:57 pm

I'm just throwing out ideas bill. I can be the ass hole here.  That's fine cuz I'm sure that feeling is there already.  These bear trials and coyote contests are great ideas to bring in a few hundred dollars.  But who are we attracting to those?  Just the bear hound guys? Just coyote hound guys? Not the public! What about a banquet dinner? Open to the public.  Rent a hall and do it a potluck.  With silent auction.  I don't know.  I'll pay the fee to rent a hall if that's what it takes but just going off members dues isn't going to cut it.  I want to help but I can't at this time and most know why.  I will make the flyers as well for a dinner if that's what's needed.sorry I stirred the pot but I'm not going to sit here and not say what's on my mind.  Like I said, im not part of the msda board members, but I'm offering to pay the rental cost of a snowmobile club or a large hall to put on a benefit dinner of some sort.  Sorry I haven't paid my 20.00 for dues.  I'll get it out this week.

HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Maybe you should set it all up, and see and take the reigns on getting it all in the works.....Plenty of room on the board for one more.....I welcome any and all Ideas, that folks are willing to make reality......I'm sure plenty will tell you everything you wanna hear till day of.......I'll bring whatever ya need me too.....1-207-271-0610 and will mark it on the calendar soon as ya set it up! Oh by the way funding is limited because we've been donating since day one.....and you'll have to fight the scheadualing since every weekend theres a supper,event,meeting,phone conference till November.......but ill be there......

getnlucky

Post  getnlucky on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Can we get a calendar of these events posted? That way everyone knows the who what when and where. Times is money as for

HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Getnlucky,
    There is a meeting tonight to finalize the last two bear trail date and soon as we know them will post the full calendar of events, suppers, auctions.....and meetings......

getnlucky

Post  getnlucky on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I will be looking forward to seeing the dates

blue_ridge
    Admin

Post  blue_ridge on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:21 pm

I will take care of it myself. I thought throwing out some ideas for the msda for fundraisers was a good idea. The Maine sporting dog association donating a large amount of money. And that makes me the bad guy. Us arguing and being called out on an open forum is not the answer. I did not join the msda to fight and argue all the time. I also am not good with polititics or a good person to represent the msda. I will put my own fundraiser together. Like you said bill. Theres a reason the msda only has 50 members dues. I don't know what that reason is but hopefully its figured out sooner than later.

sprucemountain

Post  sprucemountain on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:19 am

Hollaback is right everybody has to do their part and not wait for everyone else to do it for them. This mentality is killing us.
    every body has good ideas but they are only good if everyone participates. Its very frustrating to have fundraisers and look around and see just the same few faces. We can raise a huge amount of money but people must participate as well as do their own fundraising. I don't know about other people but it's allot easier for me to give a little here and their than to write a big check. So if everyone enters their coyotes, goes to a pigroasts, buys some raffle tickets ,go's to some bear or coon trials ,pay's their MSDA dues as well as their locale clubs dues, we will raise a huge amount of money. The garmin raffle alone can generate $5000.00 if we sell 500 tickets. The coalition has stated that the hound guy's are the weak link in the fundraising. That to me is embaresing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:28 am