Hounds of Maine

Fundraising Ideas.......

blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Re: Fundraising Ideas.......

Post  blue_ridge on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:41 am

I understand all of that spruce mountain. And I'm completely fine with doing my own fundraiser. I guess its my opinion that it would look better if an organization that involves bear hunting put it together it would bring in more people. More than some joe shmoe like myself would bring in. I also thought that there are laws out there preventing certain people from raising a certain amount of money unless your an organization??. I don't know this but it would be great to know. I must have missed something about this garmin you mention. I'd there raffle tickets given to folks that want to sell them? Or is this just a sportsman show deal? And what kind of garmin ? Where can I go to see this information and I'll share it with everyone I know.
    sprucemountain

Post  sprucemountain on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:14 am

I think that you can raise money for any cause you want. I don't think that it would be any different than raising money for people who are ill or whatever. The MSDA is raffling off a Garmin and a collar. The tickets are $10.00 a piece and we are only selling 500. I know that all committee member's are selling them including me.
    I thought that it was discussed on here. I will ask Lauren to post the rest of the details including a list of who's selling them. I'm sure that you can buy them at the sportsmen show.
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Post  blue_ridge on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:28 am

Is there a way for anyone to get tickets to sell in there areas? I don't remember seeing this but just found it on the Facebook page. I know of a lot of guys in my area that would buy a ticket or two. They don't get online much and don't do the shows. If this is an option I'll sell tickets.
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:28 am

Corey,
    I'm sure your not the only one frustrated with me ranting about Ideas, but let me explain to ya its not the idea or you personally tossing a idea out there...Its the fact that the MSDA can only do so much with the group that's doing all the work....Its also frustrating to hear that a lot expect more.....Its not the ideas or creative wish to help its lack of participation in what we already have going from a lot of people.....To do more is hard to wrap our heads around....Its safe for me to say a lot aren't pulling their own weight, as tough as it is to hear and say...I hate being the fella that has to rant and rave all the time but what truly motivates people when it continues on without the help?..Just because there is a group formed doesn't mean board members do all the work......Trust me when I say I see the books of who is doing what and its awful.....What makes a great Idea work in any club is active members.....Holding peoples hands on these issues is so frustrating...I'm not cut out for micro managing anyway, but to then hear folks say what about this or that.......and just adding the idea pile will frustrate anyone! If being quiet and agreeing with everyone and not speaking on the matter is what everyone want to hear,thats not gonna do a bit of good either....It will make me sound like a nicer guy, but will still have same problem....This isn't a personal attack on you.....You should know me a bit more by now.....As I'm the only fella that drove to help you as your family members were ill and spent the day helping.....remember that was a MSDA participation day as well before I was even president! and was the only one to show up from this group.......That help wasn't their either that day......These issues don't make me happy to announce at all,and am ashamed that we have to.....People have to understand that everyone needs to make things happen in many ways to win this fight,but its way bigger then a few folks......Especially when everything we are already doing has its limits with who we can get to help.....And deep down inside everyone knows what they've done and haven't done so far to help.....I'm just the one that will say it out loud.....If I didn't I guess nothing would change or get better,so what would be worse?....Being a hound group takes a lot of behind the sceens work as it is, with public scruinty from every direction, and whoever is in charge is always at the chopping block for doing what everyone else thinks he should be doing....So trust me we are doing everything we possibly can to represent us all as a group in a manner that is benificial to us all with great direction but limited funding.....

Admin

Post  blue_ridge on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:12 am

I understand what your saying bill. And yes, you were the one and only person to show up and help my family. That means a lot and I hope someday I will be able to help you out. I'd still like to know if I could sell tickets for you guys in my area. . Most of the guys don't go to the sportsman show or get online around here. Other than that Ill probably just need to keep my ideas to myself and donate my money when needed.
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:24 am

Corey,
    I'm heading down to the show sunday and will get tickets for you to sell....How many would you want? I can swing by somewhere close on way home and drop them off if that will work?....My cell number 1-207-271-0610 and I can call on the way home......

Admin

Post  blue_ridge on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:54 am

I'm going to see about coming to the show as long as my mother and step father can go. Walking around there with a 6 month old and a 4 year old alone doesn't sound like much fun for me LOL. I'll let you know. Either way I could pack up and at least meet you when you leave. I'm an hour from augusta
    HOLLABACK

Post  HOLLABACK on Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:55 am

Can mail them to ya if its easiest too.....If you cant make it just pm me your address and I'll drop them in the mail to ya!

getnlucky

Male Posts : 214
    Job/hobbies : Dad, stone mason

Bear hunting tournament

Post  getnlucky on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:34 am

2 week single elimination bear hunting tournament across the state. Open to the country provided enough guides would be willing to give up a couple baits with cameras and there time in August to run and tree bear off from. Could charge a 100 dollars per pack. Draw names randomly from a hat for seedings. The state will be brokend down by counties. County champions will advance onto championship round. This is an idea probably not a good one or a very smart one with how conditions change and everything else we know can change from day today.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:21 pm