Hounds of Maine

Safe guard

Oakhillhounds

Male Posts : 232
    Job/hobbies : Hunting with hounds and ups driver

Safe guard

Post  Oakhillhounds on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:19 pm

I am switching to safe guard goat wormer, can some one tell me the right amount I should give beagles?
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Re: Safe guard

Post  HOLLABACK on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:33 pm

DOSAGE FOR DOGS; Shelf Life & Cost-Effectiveness; Treats whip, hook, round, tapeworms & giardia
    By The Pen ...not the sword TOP 1000 REVIEWER on February 23, 2013

Safeguard Goat Dewormer Suspension 10% (100 mg/mL) has Fenbendazole as its active ingredient and can also be used to worm dogs. It is useful against the most common canine intestinal worms including whipworms, hookworms, roundworms and tapeworms. It is even effective at fighting giardia. I use it regularly when worming my own four dogs and I know many multiple dog households, rescues and shelters that use it as well because it is much more economical than Fenbendazole wormers marketed for dogs such as Panacur C.

DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR DOGS:
    Shake bottle well and then measuring with an oral medication syringe give 1 mL (equal to 1 cc or ¼ teaspoon) per each 5 lbs. of your dog's weight mixed with a small amount of moist dog food (to make sure the dog consumes it all). Repeat this dose for three days in a row.

Newly weaned pups (6 to 8 weeks of age) should be dewormed at 6, 8, 10, and 12 weeks of age. Treat the dam at the same time as the puppies. Dogs over six months of age should be dewormed, if not monthly, at least twice each year. Each deworming requires 3 daily treatments.

NOTE: The dosage above is for 20 mg of Fenbendazole per pound of your dog's weight.

The dosage for goats is only 2.3 mg per pound as opposed to 20 mg per pound for dogs. This is because goats and dogs are different species, have different physiologies, digestive tracts and metabolisms and also because different worms are being targeted in each (you can call Safeguard customer service and they will confirm this as will any veterinarian).

HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Post  HOLLABACK on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:46 pm

You might wanna also read the reviews on the main ingredient (Febendazole)......(Dietonatious Earth) is also another choice at even a cheaper price, and it is so safe you can take it yourself........ and kills "all" worms plus has a binder that will take care of giardia and coccsidia......hope this helps.....

Oakhillhounds

Male Posts : 232
    Job/hobbies : Hunting with hounds and ups driver

Thanks bill

Post  Oakhillhounds on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks bill, I thought it was 1ml per five pounds just wanted to make sure.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:31 am