Hounds of Maine

Suggestion Box for the NEW Website

DogChaser

Male Posts : 177
    Job/hobbies : Plumbing+Heating/HUNTING

Suggestion Box for the NEW Website

Post  DogChaser on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi Everyone! It's Lauren highjacking the forum Smile I'm looking for suggestions for the new website(Maine Sporting Dogs Association)... pictures, topics, and anything else you may want to see on there. I am working on having it open so far to a calender for up-coming events, a forum, pictures, video, members, news and a contact us page to help add anything else. It's going to take all of us to keep the info coming through this new website, if you hear about it...make sure you add it to the site so we can spread the word, especially on the up-coming legislative issues! Be sure to submit some pictures (and short video) to the new E-mail I created so we can use a little bit of everyone's outings.

Thank you! Lauren

mainesportingdogs@hotmail.com

I ALSO NEED DATES FOR OUR CALENDER!

DogChaser

Re: Suggestion Box for the NEW Website

Post  DogChaser on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Check this out! www.mainesportingdogsassociation.webs.com
    blue_ridge
    Admin

Male Posts : 1524
    Job/hobbies : hunting, wheeling, snowmobiling, fishing

Post  blue_ridge on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:23 pm

looks good. thank you for everything youve done!!!!!!

corey
    meguide01

Male Posts : 157

Post  meguide01 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:05 am

I think what we have is a good start I checked it out looks good. Thanks Lauren. Randy
    crossroadbeagles

Male Posts : 1023
    Job/hobbies : Auto tech

Post  crossroadbeagles on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:20 am

great start, thanks for all the hard work you all!!! just joined and cant wait to help support.
    Hunter

Male Posts : 421
    Job/hobbies : MM at TI /My Family and Hunting

Post  Hunter on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:32 am

Great start looks great.

Chris
    Laneysplott

Male Posts : 108
    Job/hobbies : guide

Post  Laneysplott on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:33 pm

The site looks great, a couple things we should do

1. make the forum for paid MSDA members only
    2. have a section for legislative issues, this maybe also be for members only

The most important thing is to remember the Anti's are watching our every move and they monitor these sites. When we had the hearings on the Lynx lawsuits, some of there testimony was stuff said on the trappers forums, and you can bet they will use stuff against us when they can.
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Website

Post  HOLLABACK on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:16 pm

PERFECT cheers I agree with Paul on the members only.

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Question Am wondering why everytime I try registering on the new website,I get this:
    Hmm... Let's try that again
    A temporary problem prevented this page from loading properly. We have been notified and will be repairing it as soon as possible. You may try to refresh this page or try again at a later time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    I have been trying since last night:-( came back just now ,cleared cookies,etc,restarted a new page and still getting it:-(
    Problems?I also tried to contact them and got this,lol

Provisional users are not permitted to submit forms. Please wait 7 days before using your form.
    If you believe this website is committing fraudulent activity. Please report it at: http://www.webs.com/abuse.jsp
    snowhound

Male Posts : 269

Post  snowhound on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:14 pm

just a suggestion, i would want as many sportsman as i could get to join the sight, yes it sounds good to limit the site to paid members but remember this power in numbers and if you can get people to the site and see whats going on they will join, dont isolate yourselves open your arms because trust me you need as many people as you can to get things accomplished, i know im not from maine but i am on your side and have seen what you guys are going up against first hand in ny, just a thought
    HOLLABACK

Male Posts : 3081
    Job/hobbies : Guide/Carpenter

Chris

Post  HOLLABACK on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Chris,
    Thats very true.You bring alot of good thoughts and info to the table,since you already been down this road.Just because your not from Maine dont matter.You got the same blood run'n through your veins as the rest of us hound folks.I'm going to pay your dues for ya, until we work the kinks out so your info is'nt lost.I was focused on keep'n the anti's out,not friends and brothers of the sport.We need all sportsmen pull'n together.......
    snowhound

Male Posts : 269

Post  snowhound on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:40 pm

i will do anything i can to help any sportsman period! we couldnt get any support from other organizations when we lost our kill season, now after years of sportsman looseing there rights finnally we stick together and support all sportsman and if you guys dont see it in maine and do the same before you loose it you will be in the same boat, if only we could have found common ground 20 years ago we would have shut these antis down then instead of giving them momentum to run through the states like wild fire, if the guides and the hunters dont get together on this crap its all over and you wont know what hit you . i know that some guys are gona think that im crazy and just running my mouth but trust me 10 years from now you will realize that i was right, bill i dont know what else i can say or do but if i can you know how to get ahold of me

members only??

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:57 pm

I not sure about members only, I been on this site off and on for about a year, but did not post anything or finish a application- the e-mail for my password was sent in July my first post was 2 weeks ago -If i had not been slightly rubbed the wrong way, on the trapping forum by someone saying that no trappers showed up in Augusta I would not have posted asking where the MTHA was, and probably we would not have done what we have.
    I believe many good sportsman not just hounds hunters lurc and become informed on a lot of issues, the antis we believe might be on here will become informed else where,if they can't access this site, just maybe some on the fence will be persuaded they are getting feed a lot of bull from the other side. I would leave forums open to all to see, and just make sure that they are kept in good taste, by peer pressure and -that's not just on the forum that's every where- this is also why forums have moderators. Besides anything you don't want everyone to see can be sent in a regular e-mail or on a phone call.-Steve
    Hollaback_Sistah

Post  Hollaback_Sistah on Thu May 05, 2011 7:14 am

Lauren,

Keep up the great work. Let me know if there's anything you need help with. I'd be glad to offer support (I know how time-consuming web products can be.)

Wishing you continued success in all your endeavors!

Lisa

On a side note, I'd like to suggest that the forum also be kept open. As an organization, we have nothing to hide and I believe keeping it private creates the image of impropriety. Hunters are quite adept at self-regulating (pressuring the idiots who spoil it for the conscientious ones). It wouldn't be long before the offensive poster was ostracized or deleted entirely from the membership.

Perhaps a disclaimer should be added if the membership decides to open up access to all viewers. Something like this:

The Maine Sporting Dog Association

All communications between users of Maine Sporting Dog Association forums via message boards chat or any other means of communication supplied by Maine Sporting Dog Association (hereinafter referred to as MSA) are public and not private communications. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by users of MSA forums are wholly their own and not necessarily those of the MSA. MSA reserves the right to remove any messages without notice. MSA also reserves the right to ban users for any reason without notification.

THE COMMUNICATIONS AREAS OF THE MAINE SPORTING DOG ASSOCIATION WEBSITE SHALL BE USED FOR LAWFUL PURPOSES ONLY. NO MATERIAL SHALL BE POSTED ON OR TRANSMITTED THROUGH MAINE SPORTING DOG ASSOCIATION FORUMS WHICH VIOLATES OR INFRINGES IN ANY WAY UPON THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS, WHICH IS UNLAWFUL, THREATENING, ABUSIVE, DEFAMATORY, INVASIVE OF PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY RIGHTS, VULGAR, OBSCENE, PROFANE, INDECENT, WHICH ENCOURAGES CONDUCT THAT WOULD CONSTITUTE A CRIMINAL OFFENSE, GIVES RISE TO CIVIL LIABILITY OR IS OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE. THIS MAY INCLUDE POSTING PHOTOS THAT ARE GRAPHIC IN NATURE OR DEPICTS WILDLIFE BEING HARMED OR THREATENED IN A MANNER THAT IS UNLAWFUL.

SPAM: The MSA forums are not to be used to "spam" others. "Spam" includes identical and irrelevant submissions posted repeatedly on the same or multiple message boards, and often includes a misrepresentation of the source of what is posted. MSA may ban any user, at any time, without notice, for spamming or otherwise posting unwelcome messages on the message boards.

PERSONAL INFORMATION: The MSA encourages users not to disclose personal information on the MSA Message Board. The Maine Sporting Dog Association cannot be held responsible or liable for the use of any information that users provide within this public forum.

THE MAINE SPORTING DOG ASSOCIATION RECOMMENDS THAT USERS DO NOT SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION SUCH AS POSTAL ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS, CREDIT CARD NUMBERS, ETC.

CONTENT: MSA makes no claims that user-dispersed information posted through message boards or other means is accurate or reliable. Also The Maine Sporting Dog Association cannot be held liable for any statements made by users of The Maine Sporting Dog Association website. Users are responsible and liable for all activities while participating on the MSA message boards. Users are responsible for anything they post and for protecting their own computer system. The Maine Sporting Dog Association recommends that you install a virus protection program on your computer. Some content and links on the internet may contain adult content that may not be suitable for children. The Maine Sporting Dog Association is not responsible for any content or links to adult material that is posted by users on The Maine Sporting Dog Association website. Users are responsible for any actions they may take based on advice or information they receive on line. Users should use their own good judgment in evaluating information received on line.

There.
    lol!

Had to go to a few sites to make it complete.

Let me know what you think.
    DogChaser

Post  DogChaser on Thu May 05, 2011 4:52 pm

Love it! It covers everything we need for the protection and integrity of the MSDA. Thank you so much for your help and thanks again for kicking butt on Monday! If you see anything else, or think I should add anything at all... Let me know cheers

Lauren

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:31 pm