Hounds of Maine

what is coonhound paralysis

rich40s

Male Posts : 340
    Job/hobbies : logger

what is coonhound paralysis

Post  rich40s on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:43 pm

hi iam looking at a bluetick female an the guy said she has coonhound paralysis and can only have dead coons and cant fight a coon thats not dead so am wondering what it is rich

coonhound paralasis

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:45 am

It's an immune system issue that all dogs can carry but is seen more in hounds.It is from saliva of a coon bite that gets into the dog and a dog that carries a gene that can make them prone to coonhound paralisis.I don't care if a dog was a grntch wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. The dog gets weak and sometimes cannot stand on it's own with the innitial onset in time it can get better but why get a dog with a handicap.I personally would stay clear of any dog with any medical issues just a headache waiting to happen,plus I wouldn't want to breed a dog that carries any medical issues either would just be passing the problem down to it's offspring..long story it is in the dog ,it isn't a disease a coon carries.. chris. good luck rich

rich40s

Male Posts : 340
    Job/hobbies : logger

Re: what is coonhound paralysis

Post  rich40s on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:50 am

ok thanks wasnt sure what it was but if its that bad guess i dont want no part of it thanks cris for the info rich

Post  Guest on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:30 pm

That's scary! I hope none of our dogs acquire coon hound paralysis.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content